Miranda: Is that what that was? I thought it was a feather?
Carrie: It was a bird.
... Sex And The City: The Movie ...
Despite the not-so-positive reviews from critics regarding her avian headgear, I seriously felt this was truly 'Sex & The City' vogue to its core. I never fail to admire how much SATC has revolutionized the culture of girly brunches, ready-to-wear avant garde couture, dating and sex culture and most of all weddings! So... the Vivienne Westwood dress did not have a happy-ever-after but didn't the bird hairpiece blow your mind??
It sure did mine :)
So this is my personal homage to Carrie Bradshaw and SATC genius of a stylist Patricia Field *kowtow kowtow* I don't care what you haters say.. I love the unconventional! And I've always tried to live my life that way... not dangerously (not so dare-devil-lah) but brave.
Since I did receive quite a wee bit of emails regarding the bird-in-my-hair, I thought I'd share the journey with you lovelies so you can be brave too *giggle*
- hair clips (available at accessories shop)
- miniature paper flowers, preferably 2 big 1 small in size (available at crafts store)
- faux birds (available at crafts or haberdashery store)
2. Perch the bird on the clip as if it's resting comfortably on it. Wind the thin bit of wire protruding from the bird's under(?) around the middle bit of the hairclip. Try to hide the end bit into the middle so it doesn't poke your head.
3. Attach the larger flower to the end bit of the clip disguising the fork-end. Wind the flower's wire to the clip.
4. Attach the next large flower to the end of the clip in the 'front' direction. Front meaning where the beak points out to.
5. It's half done and you're almost ready. It should look like this.
6. Lastly, attach the smaller flower to the small opening at the end of the clip to give it a wholesome 3-D appearance. This is the view from the front.
7. This is the view from the back.
8. And this is how you wear it with pride!
The lil bird-in-your-hair pieces (& remakes) are available for sale.
Do email me @ email@example.com for more details :)