Monday, August 2, 2010

baharim

During Friday lunch period, I was at Jeeves sending the wedding dress off for some drycleaning. There was a lady and her daughter in front of me amidst sorting their laundry out. They were really nice and was quite apologetic that they were taking way too much time resulting in me having to wait for quite abit. As the staff counted through the mountain of lush chiffon and sparkling crystal beadings, I couldn't help but notice the delicate yet alluring textures the dresses portrayed.

The garment straps were khaki with bright bold red letters that spelt out Baharim. I didn't know who that was... but whoever that person is, he sure makes really beautiful dresses. Really beautiful dresses.

So I whipped out my Moleskine and jotted that name out to Google after work. And Boom! came these pictures of those dresses I saw at Jeeves. Lovely lovely lovely. He is Syaiful Baharim a local fashion designer who graduated from Universiti Teknologi Mara and have worked under several major designers locally and in Singapore, Jakarta and Tokyo. Amongst his other awards, the one that he is most proud of is the grand prize at the Mercedez Benz Asia Fashion Awards in Singapore. His Goddess 2008 collection is amazing and is supposed to have a Bridal collection up in 2010/2011 though it's not featured in his Demi Couture website yet (I checked).

Anyhoo will keep you bubblegums posted on any updates. In the meantime, feast your eyes on his Goddess collection...









Syaiful Baharim
Syaiful Baharim blog
C-0-10 Plaza Damas
Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
Sri Hartamas
Kuala Lumpur

Tel: +603 62011331

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hi Shelbybaby!

My name is Jeff Walmsley, the owner of Jeeves. I have just come across your blog and wanted apologize to you personally for the delay in checking in your garments! We are always trying to balance speed against throughly inspecting garments. We carefully inspect everything on arrival at our shop as we like to discuss stains etc with our customers in an effort to get the best possible results. Having said that....we failed to meet your expectations in terms of speed and for this I apologize!

We do offer what is called a quick ticket where we can give you a very fast receipt and email to you later the detailed "ticket"

Whatever the case I shall have a word with my staff and see what we can do to further improve!

If I can ever be of any personal assistance please do let me know....I am constantly looking for customer feedback and will never stop searching for ways to continually improve the "Jeeves experience".

Kind regards,

Jeff Walmsley (your man Jeeves in Malaysia)
jeff@jeevesmalaysia.com
www.jeevesmalaysia.com